OK, so you know things are not going well when I do one of these on a Wednesday. On the plus side, I have not done a TILTW post in over six weeks, mainly because life and work has been pretty good, and busy, for the most part.
Anyway – time for a braindump. This latest crop of bullet points actally span the last three weeks to be honest, but they are more interesting than just the last 72 hours.
1) Comedy shows at Fopp are brilliant!
2) Comedy shows at Fopp are even more brilliant when in the right company 😉
3) Valencia is a really nice place, especially the marina, but it’s a pig to get to and from if you fly from Heathrow.
4) The quality of English used in some of the written journalism I’ve been reading of late is bloody awful, and the author deserves a baseball bat round the head for it.
5) The digitisation of the entire UK speed camera network worries me, not because of the Big Brother implications, but because it raises the chances of the bastards catching me and the Rover……assuming we ever stray over the speed limit, which of course we never do, as that would be illegal.
6) Speaking of Big Brother, the new series starts on Channel 4 a week on Friday. I’m seriously considering emigrating to the Lost island for the duration as it doesn’t appear to be in range of a British TV signal.
7) I really want to go and see the film Fast Food Nation, but hardly any cinemas are showing it……but the Prince Charles Cinema (the cheap one) off Leicester Square will be showing it next week, which is great.
8.) I have plans for Saturday, possibly Sunday, but no idea what to do with Monday.
9) The Tube has already become the hottest, most uncomfortable place on the planet, and it’s only May!
10) The broadband router Sky supplied with my DSL service is still shite!
11) On the plus side, the Virgin cable broadband is still working really well, and so might get a stay of execution.
12) The new Haymarket Hotel is really cool, and the restaurant there is excellent.
13) I was recently described as the Alan Sugar of IT journalism – not sure if that was an insult of a compliment.
14) I am deeply in love with my new Macbook – I might have missed out on the 0.16Ghz speed bump and some extra hard drive space, but it is by far the best computer I have ever owned.
15) Katie on the Apprentice is either a man in drag or she used to be a man before the operation.
16) Liverpool missed out in the European Cup final. I think they need a spell in the Championship to rediscover the art of playing real football again
17) I hate going to Paris on business.
18) Planning a summer BBQ party, but no idea which date to do it on, and whether I should go for a Saturday or a Sunday – advice please.
19) Some people (by which I mean cantankerous old bastards who seem to live to write snotty complaint emails) shouldn’t be allowed to read business IT news web sites. Or own technology. Or be allowed to waste valuable oxygen by continuing to live.
20) I need a new bag for work!
21) Despite what people might tell you – mojitos, wine, gin & tonics and beer do nit mix well, if my hangover after the Met Bar was anything to go by.